RMA Cadets - Community Volunteers
One of the most satisfying aspects of cadet life at Riverside Military Academy is the community service that our cadets perform on behalf of others.
Riverside's community service program allows our students to participate with
a broad range of service organizations that make a positive impact in the lives of others.
100s of Riverside Cadets contribute 1000s of volunteer hours annually!
Our cadets volunteer their time in Hall County and surrounding areas, and many choose to serve their hometown communities during Academy furloughs. The following are just a few of the non-profit community organizations for which Riverside cadets and employees volunteer: Habitat for Humanity and ReStore, American Red Cross, LifeSouth Blood Drives, Boys & Girls Club, Hall County Humane Society, Elachee Nature Center, Good News at Noon, Challenged Child 5K, and Northeast Georgia History Center.
Service-learning research studies show that
student volunteers receive many benefits
- Increases in measures of personal responsibility, social responsibility, communication, and value of education.
- Are more likely to be engaged in a community organization and to exercise their right to vote.
- Increase their political knowledge and desire to become more politically active.
- Feel that they can "make a difference."
- Show moderate to strong positive gains on student achievement tests in language arts and/or reading, engagement in school, and a sense of educational accomplishment.
- Improve problem-solving skills.